Saturday, June 21, 2008

Doggone It

To update my previous post:
My son's roommate, Jude left yesterday and returned to college. We hated to see them leave, but summer school starts really soon so they needed to get back. Jude was a lot of fun and a laugh a minute, but he was just a bit restless here. I think he likes hanging with the younger crowd and the excitement of a big city.


And to answer Twinville's comment about our "good healthy, home cooked meals being a nice improvement over those college kibbles". . . . well, this is what Jude liked to eat while he was staying here in the country--this step in our den, among other items made of wood. I'm not sure what that says about my cooking. Maybe he's vegetarian.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh yes, I know the scene well. The chihuahua's decided at one point that they wanted to eat our house. The started with the woodwork in the laundry room. I employed the Dog Whisperer's tactic of walking them until they were physically spent and had no energy for house eating. It left me equally spent and I took up taking naps.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Connie said...

And he's still ALIVE?!?!?! Miracle, I tell ya, MIRACLE, my sweetpea!!!!!!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

He survived, but it's only because I can't be certain that it was the dog and not one of our kids that did the chewing. LOL. (I'm kidding, I think.)

Cathy

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

At least he didn't eat 74 cents that ended up costing $2,000 in vet bills. hehe....sob, sob

At least Friendly will be more friendly...maybe?

Jan said...

Got to love them, but boy on times like that, ouchie. Run dog run. Kibbles and Chips is my title for that post.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh, Burp Cloth--I think you have me there. But it would have been so worth if you got to say, "Keep the change."
C

Unknown said...

Cathy you should see my floors, okay maybe not! Let's just say they are a little (okay a lot) grooved from dog traffic.

Lori

Lori said...

ooooooooh boy!!! but not any worse than what my furry little angels have done to my hardwood floors with their back claws...grrrrrr...hey, why does everyone refer to Ree,aka my newest addiction, as P Dub {is that right???}...i feel so out of the loop:(

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I give you the patience of Job award, Cathy. I see we also share the love of our children and anything they bring home with indulgence. Because, it is rather indulgent to live with a dog that is chewing as if he wants you stay downstairs?
Blessings and GO DAWGS
Blondie

Rue said...

We have a dog that actually dug up the carpet in our family room and is still alive LOL

Thank you so much for coming by!
rue

Suzanne said...

Oh dear.....Jude really needed to go back to college and learn something?? Maybe wood carving 101, lol! You are a patient soul!