Friday, January 11, 2008

Move to the Head of the Class


Recently I came upon a little link and thought it was kinda fun. It ranks your blog's readability, and somehow it ranked mine as College Level (Undergraduate). I thought I might try scanning and posting a page or two out of my daughter's Calculus book just to see if that might boost my blog's level a notch or two. [Note: I guess it doesn't rank the blog author's technological competency level, because I tried 8 times to load the link they provided with my "grade" and failed every time. That probably puts me with the pre-schoolers. At least I passed the "Draw Me" test on the front of a matchbook cover.]

http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

[P.S. I've been tossing a few ideas around in my head for a couple of swaps. Hope all that tossing around hasn't loosened something up or broken anything--I probably need to hang on to every brain cell that's left. :-) I'll be posting some pics soon (of my ideas, not my brain!), hopefully. And I'm having a SALE at my website.]

13 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hmmm...mine came up as Genius! LOL...I don't know about the accuracy of THAT!!
Thanks for the fun link!
Hugs,
Robin

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the link, it looks like fun. I'll have to go check it out.
Can't wait to see what ideas you have for a swap!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I heading over to the link Thanks. Wishing you the best of weekends. Smiles...

Lori said...

oh ho ho!!!! mine came up as genius!!! i think THAT says a mouthful re: the accuracy of the rating system...i suspect a ruse...

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, I'm not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but I did get the idea to try it out from your site. Curiosity and all that!

Lori

SweetAnnee said...

LOL
mine came up as genius too..must be
a rotating thing..
teehee
deena

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

mine came up genius and high school...i probably need to dumb them down a bit for average readers...as a journalism major we were trained to aim at the 6th grade level...back to the drawing board i guess...blessings today, rebecca

Melissa Valeriote said...

What a funny idea! Not sure I want to subject myself to the humiliation of blog ranking...he..he!

blessings said...

Well now we know for sure that it's broke 'cause mine says genius too. Dena might be but I'm definitely not! Fun post. Blessings... Polly

blessings said...

Oops meant Robin (well, Dena too..)

Nancy Malay said...

It was so nice of you to leave a comment on my blog! I checked out your website and was so impressed with your talent - BEAUTIFUL things!!

I'll be checking back to hear what you've come up with for swap ideas!!!


Nancy

Tangled Stitch said...

thank you so much for the link. It said college post grad(and I must tell you I'm thrilled it's not high school or middle school). Hope you are having a wonderful new year!

Kitty Forseth said...

Ha HA, well I am certainly no genius.. so does that mean that my blog is so complicated it would take a genius to decipher it?? HA HA!! This was a cute link, thanks :).

Thank you also for stopping by, we'll see how my Valloween cone does on ebay.. not sure people will "get it". Ah well, I had fun making it!

Have a super day!

~Kitty