Monday, January 14, 2008

I've been busy this week painting a nursery (with giant pink polka dots!) for a friend, but had a minute to share (i.e. brag about :-) something my daughter made. I just loved this little horse print from a "woodcut" she did in art class recently. She carved her design onto a thin piece of foam rubber, then made several prints. I might give it a try myself.

[Addendum: And be sure to check Suzanne's blog--she's having a give away.]

Update January 19: Here's the wall which I finished today--You can't really tell how it relates to the rest of the room, but the colors and style coordinate with her bedding, etc. Each dot took about 4 coats of paint to cover the chocolate background. Baby "R" is due on Monday, so we finished in just the nick of time.

16 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Cathy~ That looks like a fun new art medium!
Your daughter did a wonderful job!
Will you post pics of the nursery when it's finished?
Please stop by my blog,(in-between painting a polka-dot!)...I'm having my 100th post giveaway!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Cute! '-)

Best,
Chris

Elizabeth Prata said...

I love love love the woodblock print your daughter made. Way to go!

The Primitive Gathering said...

That is awesome ..your daughter did a great job!!
thanks for sharing..Deena

smileymamaT said...

That print was beautifully done - she gets her creativity from you I guess? I just stumbled across your blog and read back three posts.. after belly-laughing out loud at the story of Friendly and the bat, oh my gosh, I'll definitely have to stop over again...

Have a great day-
T

Esther Sunday said...

She did a super job! Love, Esther

Unknown said...

Looks like your daughter takes after her Mom!! It looks wonderful..she did a great job!! Would LOVE to see the nursery:o)!

BittersweetPunkin said...

That is lovely...you have a very creative daughter!!
Blessings,
Robin

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The block print is really good! She did a good job and is as creative as her momma!

Manuela

Dapoppins said...

Love the slide show of things from your shop, and the print your daughter did.

I was always doing horses at that age too. Must be a girl thing!

Tangled Stitch said...

Your daughter is very talented too. Lovely!

Kitty Forseth said...

Lucky baby R! This is soooo sweet, I love it! I am getting the bug to paint rooms.. the question is.. which one to do first, ha ha!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Kitty

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Great job on the horse and the dots are WOW!!! Love them both!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Your daughter did a great job!! :)

I am loving that wall too!!!

Suzanne said...

What a sweet nursery!! I came back to check out the finished wall photo! I'm sure "baby R' will love it! :)

Michelle said...

How Fun!! I LOVE those Polka Dots! They would be fun in an art studio too!

Blessings,
Michelle