Friday, October 8, 2010

Out With the Old

[Here's another article for my "Weird and Wacky Local News" file. Again, I'm rendered a bit speechless by the headline, and quite honestly, I just have to wonder what was going through the donor's mind as he cleaned out his closets. "You know, honey, it's high time we got rid of all this stuff and we just don't really need all this old ammo anymore. I'm sure there's someone out there who could find a good use for these junky old bullets."

Whatever happened to donating "Sweatin' to the Oldies" videos, or Grandma's old tupperware, or creepy David Hasselhoff CDs, or bright orange Naugahyde ottomans??
What were these people thinking?! ~cn]



Donor leaves ammo with local Goodwill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you've been here before you'll no doubt remember reading these other adventures in oddity:

Very Punny

I Guess a Pry Bar, Bolt Cutters and Pliers Are Part of This Guy's Drum Kit

The Final Frontier

What is This World Coming To?

I'm Pretty Sure They're Not One Size Fits All

Chickened Out

You Just Can't Make Up This Stuff

A Bark Worse Than a Bite

No Shrinking Violet

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Hey -- the poor guy needed to get rid of it! Although, I heard somewhere that there's an ammunition shortage, so he probably could have sold it for top dollar LOL!