Blondie tagged me to come up with a six word memoir. I've pondered and thought and pondered some more over this one for several weeks. Here's the best I have (and it's not 6 words. Sorry Blondie) :
"I always choke under pressure."
My other tag is to write 5 things about myself. I've done this one before. You can read it here and here.
1. My Dad once performed successful reconstructive plastic surgery on my pet gerbil because somehow I had pulled the skin off of his tail leaving just the exposed bone. I was heart broken, but the gerbil survived and lived a long full life with only a stub of a tail. My Mom on the other hand, threatened to wring my Dad's neck for performing the procedure on her kitchen counter using her sewing kit. *
2. I don't like green peas. Can't even look at them or smell them. Yuck.
3. I was more excited than my kids were at watching our tadpoles grow in a giant pickle jar. (Until they became cannibalistic. The tadpoles, not my kids.)
4. I've never watched an entire Star Wars movie, ever. What was with Princess Leia's hair anyway?! Just not my kind of movie, even if Harrison Ford was cute back then.
5. When I was a kid, I once hid my green peas under my plate so I wouldn't have to eat them. Refer to #2. (Sorry Mom, you probably knew it, but thanks for letting me slide this time. At least I didn't do surgical procedures on your countertops.)
There are so many who qualify for the "Make My Day" Award (I check in regularly with all those listed on my blog--so if you're listed, consider yourself "awarded"). And I'm having a hard time finding people who haven't been tagged with one of these others lately. So, if you're interested, take your pick and take the tag-plunge.
*P.S. My dad is a real doctor, which I'm sure the gerbil appreciated.